Point 7 Sails

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
KC7777

Point 7 Sails

Post by KC7777 »

Hi,

Has anyone heard of Point 7 sails.....check out the black AC-X freeride sail, pretty cool looking in the black.

http://www.point-7.com/?page_id=1309/

Considering selling my 2008 6.5M and 7.5M Ezzy Freerides and just picking up a grunty 7.0M for my 120L board.

Keith
Attachments
2111POINT7ACXsail-3T.jpg
2111POINT7ACXsail-3T.jpg (17.07 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
2111POINT7ACXsail-7T.jpg
2111POINT7ACXsail-7T.jpg (22.67 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
Last edited by KC7777 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

Stylin! Reminds me of the black Superfreaks which look stealth and cool. perhaps not the best choice for after dusk sailing out in the straits.
KC7777

Black sails

Post by KC7777 »

Hi Dave,

What made me consider them is the visibility factor.....Harrison Lake is getting treacherous with the maniac speedboats and jet skiers being driven by idiots. I have had them come straight at me as if they don't see me and then swerve just at the last minute. I figure these black sails would be better for that purpose I think.

PS - gave your $40 to BA last week for the shirts.

Keith
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

If you want visibility then your best option are the new freaks that BWD just picked up.. those things are so bright his gopro was shooting orange crush when underwater.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
KayakDoc

Neon Green - Hard Not To Be Seen!

Post by KayakDoc »

I was cued to this topic today while out kiting. The sails that really evoked my notice were neon green. It was almost impossible to not notice them, regardless of how far away they were. If you want me to find out what brand they are I would be willing to ask around (although I suspect some of the BWD WS gang probably have this information). Anyone?
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

I've heard of them, but they seem to be a small Euro loft. Some talented people working there. Andrea Cucci is one of them; a talented racer in his own right from way back. Outside of that, I've not read reviews or heard anything about them. They do look pretty cool in the all black look!
Poultry in motion
Sandy Beach

material colour

Post by Sandy Beach »

Jet black, orange crush, neon green....whatever the colour, eye catching is 'quay' for a variety of reasons in my opinion. Much better than the transparent, see through sails. Nice thread.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

The double window is an interesting design, seems like the black line in the middle might just be where you want to see at some points though...

If you want cool looking sails then (other than hot sails) your best bet is Vandal http://www.vandalsails.com The designer, Dan Kaesler is a design legend, previously with Naish and now Gaastra/Vandal and incidentally lives across the strait in Port Angeles.

UPDATE - I did some digging and it seems like Point 7 is a Gaastra offshoot like Vandal thus the use of screened graphics, but now Dan has left and Peter Munzlinger who was exclusively doing Point 7 is also doing Gaastra sails.

downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

you could try flying something in Coast Guard or RCMP colours to get some respect out there at Harrison!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

nanmoo wrote:The designer, Dan Kaesler is a design legend, previously with Naish and now Gaastra/Vandal and incidentally lives across the strait in Port Angeles
ha, I met his wife getting the pig fueled up in Port Angeles, she's a looker :D very friendly and she likes motorhomes :P and noticed my gaastra spare mast and struck up our brief conversation. Small world.... :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

KUS wrote:
nanmoo wrote: ...I met his wife getting the pig fueled up in Port Angeles, she's a looker :D very friendly and she likes motorhomes :P and noticed my gaastra spare mast and struck up our brief conversation. Small world.... :idea:
I can just see how this went down: "Hi there, I just noticed your mast and I just LOVE motorhomes... :lol: "
Poultry in motion
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

winddoctor wrote:
KUS wrote:
nanmoo wrote: ...I met his wife getting the pig fueled up in Port Angeles, she's a looker :D very friendly and she likes motorhomes :P and noticed my gaastra spare mast and struck up our brief conversation. Small world.... :idea:
I can just see how this went down: "Hi there, I just noticed your mast and I just LOVE motorhomes... :lol: "
yeah, I seem to recall they make movies with scripts like that :twisted: but hey, I had another agenda, I need to get down to the coast ASAP :!:

sorry about the thread drift, KC7 :roll: :oops: the sails look nice, I am partial to black but the fluoro or orange definitely assists in corpse recovery and makes for better photos, not much else :!:
http://www.bigwavedave.ca/gallery/displ ... &pid=14043
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
KC7777

Point 7

Post by KC7777 »

Hi,

My Ezzy 6.5 and 7.5 sold today......

These Point 7 ACX sails in a 7.0M size currently go for $539US + tax (free shipping too) plus you get 10% off for an unassisted web purchase, so approx. $485 + 12% HST all in, not bad for a 7.0M sail?

I like Gaastras.....and looks like one of the Gaastra guys used to be there.

KC
Last edited by KC7777 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

You can probably find a better deal than that on actual Gaastras...
KC7777

7.0 Point 7 sail

Post by KC7777 »

Got home from teaching today and there was a new 7.0M Point 7 "dark side of windsurfing" black sail at the front door.

Going to rig it in the front yard tonight and am bringing it to Nitinat for the weekend!

KC