Predicting Wind in Revelstoke!

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

extremekindness Erik

Predicting Wind in Revelstoke!

Post by extremekindness Erik »

Hey All,

Erik here! I am living in Revelstoke fighting fire with my brother who is also a kiter. We have kited a few times but are having trouble figuring out how to predict what spots will be good at what time. We work throughout the week and have limited time before and after work to make it get out.

My question is:
Does anyone have info or links I could use to help figure this out? I am a amateur weather guy so anything that is user friendly would help. From what I gather so far I need to get the pressure gradients for the area but I have yet to find any that are accessible to the public.

Also...
If you are coming through this summer my brother and I have some great spots scouted/surfed that we would be happy to share.

Thanks,

ExtremeKindness Erik.
Attachments
DSCF1361.jpg
DSCF1361.jpg (162.87 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
Wavos Rancheros

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

Nice Pic! Is that your Villa at the end of the lake?
Ned

Post by Ned »

Hey that's 3 valley gap!

Never knew there would be wind through there, very cool.
extremekindness Erik

Reveling in "the 'stoke"

Yes, Revelstoke has been great. Great climbing, some good kiting, beautiful location and some fantastic people. The wind has been hard to predict but we are slowly working out some systems to save us a lot of driving time.

We have about 5 kiters up here including, myself and my brother Jay as well as Tyler Harvey. If we time it right we can get out for a kite directly in front of the fire base before work. Right on the Revelstoke Dam!

Drop us a line if you are rolling through.

Stoke,

EKE.
Attachments
DaCrew.jpg
DaCrew.jpg (653.33 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
DamGina.jpg
DamGina.jpg (397.43 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
Ned

Post by Ned »

EKE - I will be rolling through in early July. I am on a week vacation with my mom over to Fairmont (coming from Kamloops).

May be a chance to stop for a session to break up the travel. Should be driving through on July 3rd. If possible would love to have someone to kite with or tell me what kind of things to look for re: weather!

Will you be around?
extremekindness Erik

Hey Ned!

Happy to give you the 411 for the area if we are not out on fires. Give me a call @ 250 857 3745 or my bro (Jay) @ 604 240 7038.

Stoke.
SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy

Post by SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy »

I drove through there a couple of years ago at the end of October and it was ripping! Only had a 16m and was wayyyyyyyyyyy out of practice and shape. That's a beautiful spot with the villa at the end of the lake. I can imagine kiting there would be sweet! Good luck guys! Nitinaht's ok too if you make it vancouver island way......
Kevin

If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy. Be content with what you have take joy in the way things are. When you realize you have all you need, the World belongs to you.
extremekindness Erik

SCORE!!!

Just had an fantastic 10m session with Tyler and Jay post work, directly in front of the base. Too good.

Stoke,

EKE
Cj

Post by Cj »

Rookie Harveys forestry shirt isn't even dirty yet!
somebody said " go fly a kite".